The diversity of life on our planet faces major challenges from threats like climate change, deforestation, overfishing, and illegal wildlife trade.
But each of us can make a difference. And together, we can protect our planet and keep global warming below 1.5°C (2.7°F).
Our impact on the planet primarily comes from what we eat, what we buy, how we power our homes, and how we travel from place to place. Of course, governmental policies and protections also play an important role.
Together, we can take action to create lasting solutions and protect the future of nature.
At WWF, we're committed to protecting the planet. Will you join us?
I commit to ...
- Reducing my carbon footprint by monitoring the electricity I use and switching to clean energy options where available.
- Improving my daily commute to work or school by walking, riding my bike, carpooling, or using public transportation. This reduces our fossil fuel use per person and helps us all become more energy efficient.
- Reducing the food waste in my home from its current levels and only purchasing what I need—knowing that I'll also save money.
- Buying products that help protect forests like those with the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) label, or seafood that comes from sustainable fishing practices like that with the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) label. And, when possible, looking for products that use sustainable palm oil and have the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSP) label.
- Signing petitions, sending messages to my elected officials, calling my representatives, and being a voice for the planet to help create and support policies that recognize and respect the importance of nature.
I will make a difference for nature and people. WWF can count on me to help protect our planet.
By providing your mobile number, you agree to receive recurring text messages from WWF. Text STOP to quit, HELP for info. Message and data rates may apply.